Effective Date: August 1, 2022
To review material modifications and their effective dates scroll to the bottom of the page.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to LIME 1323 SE 17th St Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316.
- Who are we? LIME (Luxury International Megayacht Experts) is a global leader in all luxury yachting activities, specializing in the sale, purchase, charter, marketing, management, and construction of the finest yachts in the world.
For 30 years, the founders of LIME have provided expertise, market knowledge, design & build excellence, and effortless performance, characteristics that are still echoed in the company’s core values today. The company’s team of dedicated sales and charter brokers, charter marketing agents, yacht managers, marketing specialists, and staff all share a genuine passion for being at sea and collectively possess a range of experience and knowledge far beyond anyone else in the industry.
This unrivaled staff experience in all service areas ensures that LIME can offer a complete service, accessing the best in the industry and giving its customers tailored advice and support, whatever their requirements.
- How do we collect information from you? We obtain information about you when you use our website, for example, when you contact us or if you register to receive one of our newsletters. Through our use of Google Analytics cookies (please see our cookies policy)
- What type of information is collected from you? The personal information we collect might include your name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
- How is your information used? We will process any of your personal data in accordance with our obligations under applicable data protection laws and regulations, for the following reasons:
Provide you with the information and services you have requested
Comply with applicable laws and regulations
Process requests you have submitted.
Carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered by you and us.
Seek your views or comments on the services we provide.
Notify you of changes to our services.
Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you which may include information about events, offers, information, campaigns, activities, promotions
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory obligations. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or if is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
- Who has access to your information? We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Third Party Service Providers working on our behalf: We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents’ subcontractors and other associated organizations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to send you mailings). However, when we use third party service providers, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own direct marketing purposes. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties beyond LIME for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for prevention of fraud or other crime.
- Your choices. You have a choice about whether you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email, phone, or text message unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by post if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How you can access and update your information. If you change your email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com You have the right to ask for a copy of the information LIME holds about you.
- Subject access rights. Any individual who makes a valid subject access request is entitled to be:
told whether their data is being processed.
given a description of the personal data, reason for processing, and whether it has been shared with any other organizations or persons.
given details of the source of the data (where this is available); and
given a copy of the information comprising the data.
Individuals are entitled only to their data, and not to information relating to other people unless they are acting on behalf of that person. In these circumstances, written consent will be required.
- Exempt information. LIME may not be able to release some information. The information which is exempt from a subject access request includes:
personal data where disclosure could prejudice the prevention or detection of crime
management forecasts/management planning
legal professional privilege (advice received from solicitors, for example)
personal data identifying another person (a third party) whose details cannot be disclosed without their permission
- How to make a request. To make a valid subject access request the following must be provided:
a clear written request by letter or email
Proof of identification may be requested to ensure that the personal information requested is provided to the right person. Two forms of ID will be required. One must be name identification (e.g. Driving License, Passport, or Birth Certificate) and the other a form of address identification dated in the last three years.
LIME will comply with requests for access to personal information as quickly as is practicable but will ensure that the information is provided within 40 days, as required by the Act. All subject access requests should be addressed to The Data Protection Officer, LIME 1323 SE 17th Street, Fort Lauderdale Florida 33316.
Security precautions are in place to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that it’s treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
- Profiling. We may analyze your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so that we can contact you with information relevant to you. We may make use of additional information about you when it is available from external sources to help us do this effectively. We may also use your personal information to detect and reduce fraud and credit risk.
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third-party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third-party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third-party site.
- Information of Minors. We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
- GDPR Data Protection Rights. We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
- Transferring your information outside of the United States. As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the United States (“US”). By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the US. These countries may not have similar data protection laws to the US. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing, or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the US in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the US, your information may be transferred outside the US in order to provide you with those services.
- Data Storage. As described above, most personal information is stored encrypted in the database. The primary database is located in the US. The database is backed up to a separate location in the US.
- Links to this Website. LIME reserves the right at its discretion to prohibit any link from another internet website or equivalent entity to materials or information on this website. Without prejudice to that, any link to material or information on this website must be neither misleading nor deceptive and must fairly indicate LIME or www.limeyachts.com as the destination of the link.
- Copyright and Related Rights. All content, designs, text, graphics, software compilations and source codes on this website are the copyright of LIME and/or its content providers.
Reproduction of part or all of the contents of this website in any form is prohibited other than for individual use only and may not be recopied and shared with a third party. The permission to recopy by an individual does not allow for incorporation of material or any part of it in any work or publication, whether in hard copy, electronic, or any other form. Any other use of the website without prior written consent from LIME is strictly forbidden.
- Trademarks. Trademarks LIME trademarks are registered marks used under license by LIME and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of their owner. Other organization and company names referred to on this website may be the trademarks of their respective owners as indicated.
- Disputes. You and LIME agree that any disputes arising from your use of this website will be subject to US law and the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Broward County courts.
- Amendments. LIME reserves the right to change or amend these website terms and conditions without prior notice.
- Review of this Policy. We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in August 2022.